Sierra’s Data Retention and Opt Out Privacy Program
Sierra takes your privacy very seriously. Sierra does maintain and distribute some of your specific information in order to comply with very specific State and Federal laws and only with agencies and vendors for the specific purpose stated in those laws. For example, if your vehicle is involved is a manufacturer’s recall, your information may be distributed in order to notify you of that recall. If your vehicle has any warranty work performed or any financial assistance from the manufacturer, some of your specific data will be distributed to the manufacturer.
Opting out: What does it mean?
When you opt-out it means Sierra will mark your information in our database with your Opt-Out options (see below) and your information, when and if it is distributed, will carry with it the opt-out indication so our marketing partners will also be notified of your privacy preferences. In some cases, your data may have already been distributed to some of our marketing partners and your privacy preferences will be updated, unless Sierra no longer does business with that marketing partner. Our marketing partners will have a separate/specific opt out policies and should have a link on their website and promotional emails. Please use those links to opt-out from that marketing partner.
- If the information you provide cannot be verified, no changes will be made to any data in our system.
- If we are unable to contact you, no changes will be made to any data in our system.
- If you do not have or use email, then the telephone number provided may be used to validate your request.
- The email you provided may be sent a notice asking for more specific data, proof of identity, and/or proof of ownership of the vehicle information and/or mailing address validation. If you do not respond, no changes will be made to any data in our system.
- If you do not have or use email, then your name and the telephone number provided may be used to validate your request.
- You may also Call our Privacy Center at (800)–794-9565 and leave a voice mail. A member of our Privacy team will return your call as soon as possible.
- You may also print out the Privacy form, fill it out completely and mail it to:
Sierra Autocars, Inc.
Privacy Information Request
Monrovia CA 91017